Teresa Darlene Linahon, 81, of 1417 Main Ave., Clear Lake, died Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012 at Mercy Medical Center North Iowa, Mason City, Iowa.
Funeral services were held Saturday, March 3, at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, Clear Lake, with Msgr. Joseph J. Slepicka officiating. Interment was in Elmwood-St.
Joseph Cemetery, Mason City. Family suggests memorials to Teresa Darlene Linahon Memorial Fund.
Darlene was born May 29, 1930 in Rockwell, Iowa the daughter of Victor and Josephine (Fitzgerald) Mullaney. She attended school in Rockwell until her parents moved to Mason City and she then attended and graduated from St. Joseph Catholic High School in 1948. While attending high school she worked for Grupp Grocery in Mason City.
Darlene married Robert Linahon on Aug. 6, 1949 at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Mason City. They lived in Clear Lake where they raised their six children. While her children were growing up she was very active in their various activities. She worked at the Surf Ballroom, State Brand Creamery, Holiday Inn and True Value Hardware. She fulfilled her dream by opening Yesteryear Antiques and has operated it for over 22 years.
She enjoyed gardening, flowers, cooking, baking, going to antique shows, trips up north and most of all being with her children and grandchildren. She was very instrumental in getting the Santa House in the Clear Lake Park. Darlene was a member of St. Patrick’s Catholic Church.
She is survived by her husband, Robert “Bob” Linahon, Clear Lake; six children, Jim (Zenash) Linahon, Claremont, Calif., Tom (Judy) Linahon, Clear Lake, Gary (Joan) Linahon, Ames, Iowa, Dan (Julia) Linahon, Mason City, Deb (Todd) Shill, Grinnell, Iowa and Tim (Lori) Linahon, Newton, Iowa; 20 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; three sisters, Connie (Dr. Thomas) Smith, Rochester, Minn., Molly Harklerode, Nisswa, Minn. and Mary (Dick) Broome, Aikin, Minn. as well as several nieces and nephews.
Darlene was preceded in death by her parents and her two brothers, Martin and Donald Mullaney.
Ward-Van Slyke Colonial Chapel, Clear Lake, was in charge of arrangements.