Electrical problem suspected as cause of house fire

A Clear Lake home sustained an estimated $25,000 damage as the result of a fire Monday afternoon.

The Clear Lake Fire Department was dispatched to 3 East Gate Court for a reported structure fire, at approximately 3:38 p.m. Oct. 30.   

Clear Lake police were the first on scene and confirmed there was heavy smoke showing from the roofline of the home owned by Jan Tharp.   Once on scene, firefighters made entry through the front door and encountered heavy smoke.  A small fire was located in the rear of the house.  The department was able to knock down the fire quickly and then started an overhaul, making sure all hot spots were extinguished.

Officials said the probable cause of the fire is electrical failure.  No one was injured.

The Clear Lake Fire Department responded with one Ladder Company, one Rescue Company, one Engine Company, a Command Vehicle and an ambulance with 16 firefighters and two Medics.

Ventura was called for automatic mutual aide and responded with six firefighters and one Engine Company.

The CLFD was on scene for about one and one-half hours.   They were assisted at the scene by the Clear Lake Police Department, Ventura Fire Department and Alliant Energy.

Comments are closed.