Garner community hears school sharing plan
Wednesday, 07 September 2011 11:43
Garner-Hayfield School District residents had their chance last week to respond to discussions between Ventura and G-H School Boards concerning whole grade sharing.
Following approximately 30 minutes of explanation about how a potential sharing agreement might work, school district patrons spent more than two hours asking questions of their board about subjects ranging from finances to school colors. In the end, the more than 200 persons in attendance heard board members acknowledge issues and questions remain to be answered, but say they unanimously favor whole grade sharing with Ventura.
One incumbent in field of four candidates on ballot for three CL seats
Wednesday, 07 September 2011 11:11
My husband, Dave, and I have four children and two grandchildren. Dave is an Insurance Representative with Pro Advantage Services in Clear Lake. Drew graduated from Clear Lake High School in 2004 and is married to Nikki; they have two daughters, Alexis and Ava. Drew and Nikki are the owners of Custom Pro Audio/Video in
Two incumbents, two newcomers seek three board seats in Ventura
Wednesday, 07 September 2011 10:39
My name is Kamara (Kami) Dyre. I have been married to my husband, Jay, for 22 years. We have lived in Ventura for 19 years. We have three children: Dustin, 21; Debbie, 19; and Nicholas, nine. I was born and raised in Ventura and graduated in 1988. I graduated from Hamilton Business College in 1989 with a diploma in the
School district swings into action after mold alert
Wednesday, 31 August 2011 12:44
Officials: Students in no danger at Sunset School
An air quality problem at Sunset School has forced Clear Lake school officials to relocate students and staff within the school building this week. Mid-Iowa Environmental was on the scene Monday to eradicate potential areas of mold on the north side of the roof deck. The mold does not present an immediate health risk.
Superintendent Anita Micich said the district was informed Aug. 23 of a concern regarding the air quality in the building which had been directed to the Cerro Gordo Public Health Department by a
Page 156 of 168